Joint replacement therapy is an effective option to treat chronic joint pain from arthritis and other degenerative joint diseases or injury. Bayfront Health St. Petersburg’s multidisciplinary orthopedic care team includes orthopedic doctors, surgeons, pain management specialists and physical therapists who provide comprehensive care. We offer advancements in orthopedic surgery, including:
- Total joint replacement for knees, hips, elbows and shoulders
- Hip resurfacing
- Minimally invasive options
Joint Innovation is a specially designed private unit - equipped to serve individual needs - for joint replacement patients. With views of the bay, freshly-baked cookies and a lounge, Joint Innovation provides just the right atmosphere for healthy patients on the road to recovery.
Registered nurses and patient care technicians take care of medical and personal needs, including pain management and general well-being. A team of physical therapists work with patients twice a day on therapy exercises, such as walking. They also teach methods to ensure patient safety during recovery. Getting back to life happens quickly with all of the resources you need to get started.
To provide the best patient experience, Joint Innovation features:
- Private rooms- most with views of Tampa Bay.
- 24-hour visitation, with sleeper chairs in each room for overnight guests.
- Brewed coffee and fresh-baked cookies each day.
- Wireless internet access throughout the hospital.
- A lounge with magazines, books and games.